As one of the U.K’s biggest dealers and demo centres we are very pleased to announce the all new 2016 Ibis Ripley and Ripley LS (yes 2 different Ripley’s).
WHAT’S NEW IN THE NEW RIPLEY
- Two geometry options: The nimble geometry of the original or a new school long and slack version called the Ripley LS
- Internal cable routing using our flexible and easy to setup port system
- Increased tire clearance
- Threaded bottom bracket
- Seat mast lowered by 1/2” to accommodate today’s longer droppers
- Choice of Boost 148 (staring in November ’15) or 142mm x 12mm Shimano through axle (now)
- Stiffer eccentric cores
- New rubber molded chainstay and seatstay protection
- Two new colors (let’s call them “Tang” and “Black”)
- 120mm rear wheel dw-link travel
- Carbon fiber monocoque frame and swingarm
- 5.5 Pound frame* with Fox FLOAT DPS EVOL
- Approved for 120-140mm forks, 51mm rake is STRONGLY recommended
- Tapered head tube (suitable for various Cane Creeks & Chris King InSet 3)
- Shock Specs: Fox Factory FLOAT DPS 3pos w/Adj and EVOL Sleeve with Kashima Coat 184mm x 44mm
- Provision for internal cable-actuated or hydraulic adjustable seat posts
- Post mount rear brake mounts
- Shimano side swing front derailleur compatible.
- * Frame weight is for a medium black with shock but without seat collar, rear axle, or water bottle bolts
Internal cable routing that uses the same port system found on the HD3 has been added to the Ripley, keeping things neat and tidy.
Ibis cut new molds for the standard and the LS version, and both 29ers share the same rear triangle, which has been reconfigured slightly to offer increased tire clearance. Ibis will offer both standard and LS models with either the present 142 standard or with the new Boost 148 hub standard beginning this fall, so riders can upgrade their existing parts to a new frame or choose next-gen components.
The introduction of the Fox Float DPS EVOL SV shock will take care of the damping on the rear end.
Multiple build kits will be available and can be seen at Ibis Cycles or click here.
The retail price is staying the same as the current Ibis Ripley at £2649.00. You can expect to see them with us first in the U.K, stock frames and demo bikes will be available.
Call 01694 781515 or drop us an email for further info or to place a pre-order, some pre-order deals will be available.