Check out this amazing review of the all new Rockshox Pike RCT3 suspension fork from the guys at Vital MTB.
Pike RCT3 Highlights
- Travel options: 26 or 27.5-inch 150mm or 160mm // 29-inch 140mm or 150mm
- Weight: 26-inch – 1835g // 27.5-inch – 1861g // 29-inch – 1876g
- Dual Position Air and Solo Air Spring Options
- External Rebound, Low-Speed Compression, and Three Position Compression (Open/Pedal/Lock) Adjustments
- Low Friction Single Seal
- Slotted Upper Bushings
- Asymmetrical, Magnesium, Disc Only Lower Legs
- Tapered Steerer Only
- Forged, Hollow 7075 Aluminum Crown
- New Maxle Lite 15mm Axle
- Black or White Colors
- MSRP £749-£849
What’s The Bottom Line?
I’m a fairly critical reviewer. I don’t use the words “best in class” very often, but they certainly seem to apply here. At four pounds, it’s the lightest of the bunch, and the new damping system, air spring and seals all work in harmony to give the rider a symphony of performance. In this reviewer’s eyes, it edges out everything else in the 160mm class thus far.
Although the fork could be improved in a few areas, it is still very, very good. If RockShox can improve the bushing bind issues, include a 20mm through axle option and keep the fork from creaking, I’d consider calling it perfect. Nonetheless, if you are a trail rider looking for top notch performance or an enduro racer trying to eek seconds off your lap times, take a hard look at this product. Indeed, it would appear the kinda-cute girl is all grown up, and she’s hotter than ever…
CHECK OUT THE FULL REVIEW HERE.
If you want to get your hands from one of the U.K’s largest Rockshox Pike dealers please call 01694 781515. We will beat* any online price.
If you want to try before you buy we have around 6 demo bike’s all kitted with Pikes.
*forks must be like for like U.K item and in stock